Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C Pump switch on a boiler

Options
  • 10-10-2020 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I just purchased a new house with a firebird-s 50-90 boiler installed.

It has a switch labeled C Pump. I presume meaning circulation pump. Am I right in thinking with this switched on it will also heat the hot water for the taps but with it off will just do the rads?

Thank you for your time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

I just purchased a new house with a firebird-s 50-90 boiler installed.

It has a switch labeled C Pump. I presume meaning circulation pump. Am I right in thinking with this switched on it will also heat the hot water for the taps but with it off will just do the rads?

Thank you for your time

I doubt it. You need the circulation pump to heat the downstairs rads. The pump is usually connected directly to the heating system
    Perhaps this is for something else

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Same question asked in the p&h forum.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Neo Researcher

Wearb wrote: »
    Same question asked in the p&h forum.

Yeah please delete this if you want. Was not aware of the p and h forum when I posted. Going to take advice of that forum and get it serviced and find out then anyway.

Thanks

Advertisement