Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#OLD TRACTOR NOT REGISTERED HELP-#

Options
  • 09-10-2020 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Picked up an old zetor tractor from an auction was used in the bog . It’s 1991 but was never registered or has no number plate. How do I go about getting it registered and number plate and tax book. Don’t want it to cost too much . !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

local tax office , possibly they will work off the chassis number

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

jjjjjjjk wrote: »
    Picked up an old zetor tractor from an auction was used in the bog . It’s 1991 but was never registered or has no number plate. How do I go about getting it registered and number plate and tax book. Don’t want it to cost too much . !

Contact motor tax office in Shannon for the correct form to register the tractor etc

https://www.gov.ie/en/organisation-information/acb13a-contact-us/#shannon-office-motor-tax-log-books-and-change-of-vehicle-ownership

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I heard something like that before - the tractor was never registered - they had to present the tractor at their nct/vrt center for proof of machine chassis number and cost about 200e. They were issued with a new reg number. They had to have a pile of documents like proof of address etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

I have the same issue with a 1974 motorcycle
    I sent the frame and engine number to the Irish vintage club who sent me a cert confirming age and what it was.
    Presented it to NCT / VRT on Thursday last.
    Now awaiting answer from revenue which should be a small fee.

You need to get the same from a dealer outlining age and description and poceed to NCT office to get more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

I have the same issue with a 1974 motorcycle
    I sent the frame and engine number to the Irish vintage club who sent me a cert confirming age and what it was.
    Presented it to NCT / VRT on Thursday last.
    Now awaiting answer from revenue which should be a small fee.

You need to get the same from a dealer outlining age and description and poceed to NCT office to get more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

What would the story be with a tractor that was built from the parts from about ten scrapped tractors none of which had a book.if I looked into it maybe the engine number would match up with one number plate and maybe the chassis number with another plate...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lollipop19

What woudl be the story with a UK tractor that has been on farm for a number of years but was never registered on irish plates? Was only ever on farm so had no need to register but circumstances have changed and it now needs to go on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

lollipop19 wrote: »
    What woudl be the story with a UK tractor that has been on farm for a number of years but was never registered on irish plates? Was only ever on farm so had no need to register but circumstances have changed and it now needs to go on the road

I think it would be the same situation as the original poster above. It would need to be registered at NCT/VRT center. If you call to your nearest center, one of the workers there might be able to give you an idea of the documents you need etc. alternatively it should be on their website.

Advertisement