Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim Unemployment Repayment?

Options
  • 09-10-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi, little confused however would like to know if people know more about this,

just in regards to the unemployment payment refund 2020?

the criteria:

Your employer will provide Revenue with your pay and tax details and your leaving date.

A claim for unemployment repayment can be made:

immediately if emergency tax was applied in your last employment
    immediately if you are leaving Ireland permanently
    four weeks after becoming unemployed if you are not receiving any other taxable income
    eight weeks after becoming unemployed if you are receiving other taxable income such as Jobseekers Benefit.

Can anyone see by looking at my amended tax cert/p21 if i would be entitled to anything back?

I finished work in February 2020, immediately went onto Jobseekers Benefit as you can see on the tax cert. I was paying USC upto Feb 2020 as normal , and my wages would have been under the cut off point of 13k

here is the tax cert below

thanks

https://ibb.co/XLMTS0JXLMTS0J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

If
    - you had net tax/usc paid on the last payslip before finishing,
    - the only other income for the year is from DEASP and
    - the total of the above 2 are less than €16,500
    Then any tax paid would be refundable in full as your tax credits would cover the income.
    If the PAYE income is less than €13,000 (as you say) then any USC paid would also be refundable.
    If the total income from PAYE & DEASP for the year exceeds €16,500 then some tax would be payable.
    The tax cert shows what DEASP is expected in the year but doesn't show what you earned & paid in tax/usc in Jan/Feb so it's hard to be more specific as to how much you'd get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Stratvs wrote: »
    If
    - you had net tax/usc paid on the last payslip before finishing,
    - the only other income for the year is from DEASP and
    - the total of the above 2 are less than €16,500
    Then any tax paid would be refundable in full as your tax credits would cover the income.
    If the PAYE income is less than €13,000 (as you say) then any USC paid would also be refundable.
    If the total income from PAYE & DEASP for the year exceeds €16,500 then some tax would be payable.
    The tax cert shows what DEASP is expected in the year but doesn't show what you earned & paid in tax/usc in Jan/Feb so it's hard to be more specific as to how much you'd get back.

Thanks for the information and reply. If I was to attach the last couple of payslips would you think it will be easier to calculate approx?

Thanks for the information and reply. If I was to attach the last couple of payslips would you think it will be easier to calculate approx?

Final payslip would be handy.

Also how much Pw has Deasp income been since finishing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Stratvs wrote: »
    Also how much Pw has Deasp income been since finishing

I think it was like €156 , I am on the somewhat reduced rate due to my 2018 earnings only being on average €250 pw .

• Advertisement

Ok so if you can give final payslip amounts Cumulative gross / Tax paid / usc paid can see what if anything might be due back.

Advertisement