Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling & buying timelines once sale agreed

Options
  • 09-10-2020 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the timeline is from sale agreed? Obviously I know it is changeable but I literally have no idea. I think we are close to all queries closed on both purchase and sale contracts, so what then? once we are happy, and we sign, do we move house in the next few days? or is it 28 days like I read today in the Independent from that REA guy? It seems crazy to me to have contracts signed and still not move for 4 weeks, like why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Rule of thumb from my experience and my colleagues
    Is 3months all going well,
    It can taken 6 months if issues arise

I'm waiting 3 months myself since sale agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Canyon86 wrote: »

wow ok. Have you signed contracts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭chicorytip

amos13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the timeline is from sale agreed? Obviously I know it is changeable but I literally have no idea. I think we are close to all queries closed on both purchase and sale contracts, so what then? once we are happy, and we sign, do we move house in the next few days? or is it 28 days like I read today in the Independent from that REA guy? It seems crazy to me to have contracts signed and still not move for 4 weeks, like why?
    It's usually stipulated at the outset what the "closure" period - from going sale agreed to moving out - will be and, yes, it's usually twenty eight days. That's not a long period of time considering all the issues to be dealt with when moving home. Buyer and seller can always agree on an extended period.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Queenio

Canyon86 wrote: »

Sake agreed since July 14th. Vacant house executor sale and STILL no keys. Every single step has faced delays and no one is in any rush to sort anything out. Prepare to put a lot of your energy into chasing people to do the job they are being paid for. Also if second hand make them get the search for the register of deeds sorted if it's not done. We are ready to close and this is the one thing not sorted. And could have been anticipated which is absolutely rage inducing. Im extremely salty about this all today if you can't tell!

We were told 28 days from the start. She a Vacant home with a dead previous owner should be a simple sale to close .. Yet here we are

chicorytip wrote: »
    It's usually stipulated at the outset what the "closure" period - from going sale agreed to moving out - will be and, yes, it's usually twenty eight days. That's not a long period of time considering all the issues to be dealt with when moving home. Buyer and seller can always agree on an extended period.
    Thanks, we know what the period was set at the start, but I'm more looking for how soon after the actual signing of the contracts - not sale agreed as such - can we get the keys, as I think we're just about at that point

• Advertisement

Queenio wrote: »
    Sake agreed since July 14th. Vacant house executor sale and STILL no keys. Every single step has faced delays and no one is in any rush to sort anything out. Prepare to put a lot of your energy into chasing people to do the job they are being paid for. Also if second hand make them get the search for the register of deeds sorted if it's not done. We are ready to close and this is the one thing not sorted. And could have been anticipated which is absolutely rage inducing. Im extremely salty about this all today if you can't tell!

We were told 28 days from the start. She a Vacant home with a dead previous owner should be a simple sale to close .. Yet here we are

Jesus christ, that was the first thing my solicitor did thankfully. I would be raging if I were you alright. Its not like they're run off their feet at the minute....

Advertisement