Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove Installation in an apartment - Management Company issues

Options
  • 09-10-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to install a stove in our open fireplace in a ground floor (corner) apartment in a 3 storey complex with a flat roof.

We have a chimney stack that extends the 3 storeys to the top of the building and I have a quote for €2.5k Eur including a flue all the way to the roof (installed by a hoist/boom), stove + installation + the creation of a 6 inch air vent in the wall near the stove.

The management company state that I need board approval to (a) access the roof and obtain approval for the flue and (b) create the air vent. From the tone of the e-mail, it seems unlikely we'd obtain this.

What can I do here? What rules should I be looking at? Can they block roof access to my own chimney pot?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

This is more of a contractual issue than a stove installation issue. If you want to delete this and post it elsewhere on the site, let me know.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement