Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearly bought a Bolt on Adverts.ie

Options
  • 08-10-2020 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

I came across a chap selling a Wahoo Bolt on Adverts.ie. Price offered and accepted and paid (an extra fiver for delivery) soon after we had agreed on the deal. I wanted to collect it in person but this lad was busy so I thought it'd be better to have the item posted.
    He gave me a cycling talk, how much the Wahoo is better than Garmin, etc.
    The gps meant to be posted 2 days later. I was waiting for it and thought it'd be with me in a week. Kept waiting.
    The thing never came. I have contated him good few times. I was told, it was put in the post. Was told only, never shown a proof, there was no tracking at all. He started to cut me off everywhere: Whatsapp, Facebook, adverts, etc. He promised me to follow it up. Never did.
    Even he went that far that he called me a scammer because I dared to call him a 'waste of time'.
    I know where he works, his Paypal account, the car reg on the day I was supposed to find, etc.
    What could I do to get my money back? If it had been me, I'd have posted the item with tracking to make sure, there are no mishaps. Why it's me who has to pay a package I've never seen. And why someone is so mean for the sake of 4 euro and sends a e160 euro worth of item without tracking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

padyjoe wrote: »
    I came across a chap selling a Wahoo Bolt on Adverts.ie. Price offered and accepted and paid (an extra fiver for delivery) soon after we had agreed on the deal. I wanted to collect it in person but this lad was busy so I thought it'd be better to have the item posted.
    He gave me a cycling talk, how much the Wahoo is better than Garmin, etc.
    The gps meant to be posted 2 days later. I was waiting for it and thought it'd be with me in a week. Kept waiting.
    The thing never came. I have contated him good few times. I was told, it was put in the post. Was told only, never shown a proof, there was no tracking at all. He started to cut me off everywhere: Whatsapp, Facebook, adverts, etc. He promised me to follow it up. Never did.
    Even he went that far that he called me a scammer because I dared to call him a 'waste of time'.
    I know where he works, his Paypal account, the car reg on the day I was supposed to find, etc.
    What could I do to get my money back? If it had been me, I'd have posted the item with tracking to make sure, there are no mishaps. Why it's me who has to pay a package I've never seen. And why someone is so mean for the sake of 4 euro and sends a e160 euro worth of item without tracking?

If you paid through PayPal and item never arrived you can claim money back after 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

If you paid through PayPal and item never arrived you can claim money back after 30 days.

As long as didn’t do a Family/ Friends transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What was his Adverts feedback like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

You've picked up the 2 mistakes I made. :-( Yes, I paid a F/F transfer and it's a freshly registered user. I don't know what's gone to my head after years of using adverts.ie. It seemed genuine, he was selling a Wahoo fan as well and he got a positive feedback for that. And wasn't far away, in Clonmel, so I thought it'd ok. I've been waiting since middle of August. :-(( I can't give him a negative feedback as the 45 day period has expired. The strange thing: the ad was kept live, no login for over a month, so there were still offers made on it. Yesterday after I had posted on the ad that 'don't waste your time folks, this was bought by me and never got it', the ad was withdrawn. Figure this!

I might ring my bank for chargeback, as there is a credit card behind my PayPal.

Do you think this is a usual behaviour? I mean, the package was lost (if ever sent at all) and one does not do a follow up after? He didn't try to prove that it was sent to me (no An Post slip or a picture), rather kept repeating 'nothing I can do'.

I'm sorry for posting this here but maybe he is on boards as well (not sure though) and he might read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

For customer service like that I would be trying chargeback ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Chargeback and highlight the seller to Adverts. Might help any future victims of a chancer like this

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Plastik wrote: »
    For customer service like that I would be trying chargeback ASAP.

Don't.

Charge back is against PayPal in this case. They didn't do any wrong, you paid f&f. Not fair to punish them and they'll come looking to be repaid.

Advertisement