Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screws for mats

Options
  • 08-10-2020 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a place online youd get the screws for fixing cattle mats. I had stainless steel ones with a washer.. They are like hens teeth. Id say even galvanised ones will do if there flush. Any help wpuld be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

gerryirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know a place online youd get the screws for fixing cattle mats. I had stainless steel ones with a washer.. They are like hens teeth. Id say even galvanised ones will do if there flush. Any help wpuld be great thanks

Concrete screws from screwfix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭morphy87

Most Co op stores have them, I have got plenty of them through the years,stainless with washers

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Are you using a brisket board?
    If you are use maybe a 4x2 and nail it down with 125mm express nails. Permanent job.
    I used to be tormented with mats lifting but never since I’ve used this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Are you using a brisket board?
    If you are use maybe a 4x2 and nail it down with 125mm express nails. Permanent job.
    I used to be tormented with mats lifting but never since I’ve used this method.

no im not.. thanks for replies folks.. gonna try a different type like Dan said..

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

O Donovan’s Cork do a good mat bracket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

no im not.. thanks for replies folks.. gonna try a different type like Dan said..
    Make sure you put a good sized washer along with the concrete screw or it'l pull through the mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Make sure you put a good sized washer along with the concrete screw or it'l pull through the mat.
    Do you have to pilot hole for those concrete screws.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Do you have to pilot hole for those concrete screws.

Do you mean bore a hole first. Yes you must and the don’t work well with an impact wrench for some reason

Advertisement