Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Do towel rails work with ASHP systems?

• 08-10-2020 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭ Blisterman

Just wondering, given the lower flow temperature, will having a towel rail as the source of heating in the bathroom noticeably warm up towels?

We'll need a very big and expensive one to provide enough heat for the room, and I'm wondering if we just put a radiator in there instead. Would I need to make any accommodation for the high humidity in that instance, or would any radiator work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭ Dtp1979

Blisterman wrote: »
    Just wondering, given the lower flow temperature, will having a towel rail as the source of heating in the bathroom noticeably warm up towels?

We'll need a very big and expensive one to provide enough heat for the room, and I'm wondering if we just put a radiator in there instead. Would I need to make any accommodation for the high humidity in that instance, or would any radiator work?

If you want to heat the room, put in a radiator. If you want to heat the room and heat towels then fit a radiator and towel rad, rad and electric towel rad

Advertisement