Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identify this connection please

Options
  • 08-10-2020 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi, can you please help a novice identify this connection please - photo attached.

I have 16mm PEXb coming out of the wall and half inch tap tails on the other end, the 2(?) fitting in between I am having a hard time identifying. I am presuming it's some sort of crimped press fitting and what I can only imagine is something similar to a hose connector like in this link.

https://www.woodies.ie/bathroom-plumbing/plumbing/pipe/threaded-brass-fittings-1-2-x-14mm-hose-connector-1038651

My end goal is to install an isolation valve somewhere in between the PEX and tap tails once I figure this out. Can I use a compression fitting directly onto the PEX or is it the wrong size?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

bricky06 wrote: »
    Hi, can you please help a novice identify this connection please - photo attached.

I have 16mm PEXb coming out of the wall and half inch tap tails on the other end, the 2(?) fitting in between I am having a hard time identifying. I am presuming it's some sort of crimped press fitting and what I can only imagine is something similar to a hose connector like in this link.

https://www.woodies.ie/bathroom-plumbing/plumbing/pipe/threaded-brass-fittings-1-2-x-14mm-hose-connector-1038651

My end goal is to install an isolation valve somewhere in between the PEX and tap tails once I figure this out. Can I use a compression fitting directly onto the PEX or is it the wrong size?

Thanks in advance.

It’s not pex. It’s multilayer. Bring that pic into a builders merchants (not woodies/Homebase etc) and show them at the plumbing section they’ll supply you with what you need.

Advertisement