Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long in new job

Options
  • 07-10-2020 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi. I'm offered new job with extra +10k pay in different company. Same job, new title.. But I was hoping buying my first property next year.
    How long do you have to be in your job to be approved for mortgage?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

How long do you have to be in your job to be approved for mortgage?[/quote]

6 months to a year

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

You need to have completed probation, so it will depend on the probation period in your new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Danny552 wrote: »

6 months to a year[/quote]

There is one bank that used to waive the probation requirement if you voluntarily moved within the same industry. Don't know if they still do, but worth checking in with them.

Or work towards having your approval kick in as soon a your probation ends

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Once you can provide proof you are permanent that's all they will need.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

Thank you guys. Will question probation etc next Tuesday.. Hope all works out 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Once you can provide proof you are permanent that's all they will need.

How long do you need to be in a job if on contract? Having been in same field continuously for years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

mea_k wrote: »
    Hi. I'm offered new job with extra +10k pay in different company. Same job, new title.. But I was hoping buying my first property next year.

If you're in continuous employment good chance they will be fine with it after 1 pay slip but will depend on the bank. Your best bet is to try a couple and see.

Advertisement