Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key for a rodent bait box

Options
  • 07-10-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

I have two of these bait boxes and have/had two keys to open them. Except I cannot find the keys!! The bait boxes are pretty standard ones (these were purchased in a hardware shop in Stillorgan)

If anybody has a bait box like this one, could you post a pic of the plastic key? I am trying to reset the boxes with bait - I just need to break in ;). If I had a pic of the key I should know how to pick the lock.

Thanks in anticipation..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

W4M; Most retail places here tend to offer " Big Cheese " gear. One of the very few brands I haven't used! :rolleyes: Nor do I happen to recognise that hole or placement. I'm thinking we may have nailed it.

However, I've taken the trouble to get shots of a few of the possible key types I have. I have more. But, I know the rest aren't for your box. See if ye recognise ye missing keys amongst these.

PA070476.jpg

PA070480.jpg

PA070479.jpg

PA070478.jpg

Stigura wrote: »
    W4M; Most retail places here tend to offer " Big Cheese " gear. One of the very few brands I haven't used! :rolleyes:

Here ye go. Got bored, so did some digging. It is a Big Cheese and:

BC-Box-Key.jpg

One more reason we pro's wouldn't touch that sheet! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Hey Stigura - thanks for all the digging. None of the key pics you shared look like the key. And thanks to "bobbyy gee" also but that doesn't look like it will work. I will have to do a thorough search of the shed on Saturday to see if I can find one of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

PS If I find one I will post a pic. Never know who it might help again!

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

wait4me wrote: »
    PS If I find one I will post a pic. Never know who it might help again!

Thanks guys

Do you have a plastic tub of blocks? If so take a look inside. Thats where I store the box keys that I have.

This Amazon listing has a good picture of the key https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Cheese-Lockable-Reusable-Protects/dp/B00OHI13ZW/

91sGWMUlKOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The top left one of that multitool that boobyy gee linked to will work and I suspect the first one that Stigura posted a pic of would work.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Continental; Yep. That's a Big Cheese box too. If the OP needs one of keys you pointed out, I may have a spare one knocking about ;)

Key-Issue.jpg
    If he's quick about it and PM's me a place, I can get it in the post this afternoon.

Advertisement