Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage calculator question.

Options
  • 07-10-2020 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

All the calculators Im using are giving me numbers a lot less than what I thought. I thought the mortgage amount was 3.5 the gross salary and 90% value of the building for first time buyer....Im getting amounts of less than half my salary to just under twice the amount. Im very confused, is it due to being a single applicant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Hi guys,

All the calculators Im using are giving me numbers a lot less than what I thought. I thought the mortgage amount was 3.5 the gross salary and 90% value of the building for first time buyer....Im getting amounts of less than half my salary to just under twice the amount. Im very confused, is it due to being a single applicant?

Do you have maintenance costs for children?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Do you have maintenance costs for children?

Yes for 1 child who will be 12 by the time I want to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Yes for 1 child who will be 12 by the time I want to apply.

That is the reason. It counts it like you are paying a existing mortgage. Use calculator without adding maintenance and you will see the diff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

That is the reason. It counts it like you are paying a existing mortgage. Use calculator without adding maintenance and you will see the diff

Yep see it there thanks.

Advertisement