Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Digger rock breaker /Post driver

Options
  • 07-10-2020 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a 2nd hand rock breaker for the mini digger. 3or 4 days breaking to be done around the house but it would be 3 or 4 different days breaking not consecutive days. Local hire place are €180 for digger and €60 for breaker per day and I move it so factor in €50 diesel so you are running at €290 per day versus €1200/1500 for a clean second-hand after being resealed and re-gased

And a fresher model will have top and side mounted breaker so I can use it to drive posts also .

but will they drive a 5ft or 6ft timber post? or is it only clip ex sort of posts?

any other spec or items I should look for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

What way do they drive the post with a breaker?. Ive seen some with a cup on the chisel that sits over the post.

Also what machine are you putting it on?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Also what machine are you putting it on?.

2.7t Kubota.

Yes there is a cup head you swap the chisel out for

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

How much is it to hire for a week? Last time I had a mini digger with breaker hired out a week's hire was the same as 3 days.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Where are you seeing them for sale for 1200-1500?

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    How much is it to hire for a week? Last time I had a mini digger with breaker hired out a week's hire was the same as 3 days.

€240 a day so I guess about €700/720

But the jobs I have it cant be all done together

Where are you seeing them for sale for 1200-1500?

I have a 2nd one half lined up but he is being a bit odd

Brand new one €1700 with a kit to regas

Thats fairly cheap. What make is it?

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Thats fairly cheap. What make is it?

I am waiting to get details for both so hopefully have them this week or over weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

I'm confused. I think I read the op wrong. That price is for the breaker only, not the digger+breaker?

Why are you comparing the cost to rent the whole outfit verses the cost of just buying the breaker only. It's surely €60/day v €1200/1700. I didn't think an accountant would do stuff like that. I must be missing something

• Advertisement

I'm confused. I think I read the op wrong. That price is for the breaker only, not the digger+breaker?

Why are you comparing the cost to rent the whole outfit verses the cost of just buying the breaker only. It's surely €60/day v €1200/1700. I didn't think an accountant would do stuff like that. I must be missing something

No as the brackets on buckets and breakers etc are all different 30/35 or 40mm pins

then length and distance apart so to messy to just rent a breaker

Why would I not be doing stuff like that ? enough lazy lads about, spent the last 2 weeks stripping plaster off a house with a 6 and 10kg jack hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Ya mustn’t know Lakill well enough :D

I am waiting to get details for both so hopefully have them this week or over weekend

Message me when you get the makes and ill ask the uncle if they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

He exports these to USA for putting up Windfarms .

http://www.ddoyleeng.com/services/vibro-e/22

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jd310

1700 sounds good but you get what you pay for especially with hammers, better going with a good well known brand rather than something unknown ifykwim

Jd310 wrote: »
    1700 sounds good but you get what you pay for especially with hammers, better going with a good well known brand rather than something unknown ifykwim

I have called 8-10 places and waiting to get prices and specs from over half of them

Advertisement