Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kero / green diesel

Options
  • 07-10-2020 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,855 ✭✭✭✭

So running green diesel or gas oil to some for past few years since moved in. As that's what sticker on tank said. Had plumber out for service recommend switching to kero to burn cleaner .

Have circa 100 litres or less left in 1000 litre tank. Can I just get kero topped up or what's the deal ? Is their a ratio that's ok 500 litres or ?

I know their may be adjustment for the burner afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mr infomaniac

Run the tank dry then fill with kero. You then need to put a pressure gauge on the oil pump and reduce pressure with adjustment screw. I think green diesel is at 13bar and kero is 8 bar. You may also need to change the nozzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,250 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You can put the kero in. Some suppliers used to put in that amount of diesel to lubricate the burner pump. Yes full service, analyised and nozzle change.
    Diesel is filthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

run dry and then top up with kero

pump pressure will be different and nozzle will need changing as well

its easier than trying to set up the boiler with a mixture

Advertisement