Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TB test for new herd

Options
  • 06-10-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

I recently reactivated a herd number and bought in cattle within the 60 day period. Looking to sell one of them soon but letter says you have to wait 120 days from date of reactivation before testing. Is this really the case cos someone told me they had a test not long after the 60 day buy in period was up.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

woody84 wrote: »
    I recently reactivated a herd number and bought in cattle within the 60 day period. Looking to sell one of them soon but letter says you have to wait 120 days from date of reactivation before testing. Is this really the case cos someone told me they had a test not long after the 60 day buy in period was up.

When was the one you want to sell last tested?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Ring the DVO.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭woody84

blue5000 wrote: »
    When was the one you want to sell last tested?

May, but the letter states I have to have a full herd test 120 days after reactivation, cant move them until thats done it seems ??

Gonna ask my vet in the morning

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

May, but the letter states I have to have a full herd test 120 days after reactivation, cant move them until thats done it seems ??

Gonna ask my vet in the morning

He may not have the precise answer you need. Get it from the horse's mouth. With computers it's not like you can get away with something you're not entitled to. There's nothing to lose by asking the Dept.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Got word back this morning that I can go ahead and book a test now. New Herd S.C.T. I'm guessing that's just a regular TB test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Got word back this morning that I can go ahead and book a test now. New Herd S.C.T. I'm guessing that's just a regular TB test

S.C.T. is status confirmation test so a regular test to confirm your new herd is tb free

S.C.T. is status confirmation test so a regular test to confirm your new herd is tb free

Cheers and test bookedðŸ‘

Advertisement