Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow cold water feed in two bathrooms :-(

Options
  • 05-10-2020 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I'm having a slow cold water feed to both my ensuite and downstairs bathroom. It is affecting the tap, toilet and showers in each area. To temporary get it going again I push hot water up the cold tap and hold my thumb there for around a minute. Cold water feed is then ok for a couple of days and then slowly fades to black.

Sorry I don't know if I have an open or closed system. I have a tank in the attic and valves in hotpress control water feeds to each bathroom.

Is it likely that my valves are gone flakey or I have some sand block somewhere?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭John.G

The downstairs bathroom cold flow should ordinarily be greater than the upstairs if both fed from the CWST, the cold kitchen tap should be from the mains and give plenty pressure so if you could run a hose from there to bathroom cold downstairs, then open both, the high cold mains should clear the airlock which is probably present except that there is some valve throttled in coming out of your CWST>

Advertisement