Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Items to get rid of

  • 05-10-2020 7:16am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ obi604


    Hi

    I have stuff to get rid of/recycle/dump which does not fit in to any one particular bracket.
    Things such as

    Plates
    Saucepans
    Duvets And pillows
    Old electrical items
    Old toys
    Old shoes and clothes.
    Old wooden furniture


    Is there any one place I can bring all of these?

    Or will it involve a trip to multiple places.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭ DaCor


    obi604 wrote: »
    Hi

    I have stuff to get rid of/recycle/dump which does not fit in to any one particular bracket.
    Things such as

    Plates
    Saucepans
    Duvets And pillows
    Old electrical items
    Old toys
    Old shoes and clothes.
    Old wooden furniture


    Is there any one place I can bring all of these?

    Or will it involve a trip to multiple places.

    Well it depends, are any items suitable for donation e.g. the clothes, toys and furniture?

    If nothing is suitable for donation then the majority can go to the citybin depot in Oranmore while the electrical items go to the council depot in liosbaun


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭ s1ippy


    If they're in good condition take pictures of them and see if anybody wants them on fb marketplace.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭ beardybrewer


    I've had great success and many grateful people who have taken all manner of things off us. I've never had to throw anything like that in the dump.

    https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GalwayIE/posts/all


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ obi604


    DaCor wrote: »
    Well it depends, are any items suitable for donation e.g. the clothes, toys and furniture?

    If nothing is suitable for donation then the majority can go to the citybin depot in Oranmore while the electrical items go to the council depot in liosbaun


    Ah some. But a lot of old stuff e.g. the duvets are mouldy, the saucepans are in a bad state, I’d be embarrassed to give them to anyone.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭ Notch000


    msot of that can go to the civic recycling center in lisbaun industrial estate, its open on saturdays mornings as driving in drive out and has loads of custom skips. decent washed shoes and clothes could go to enable ireland drop offs
    im sure you can take the remainder to the dump on the headford and pay per bag full


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭ Bredabe


    DaCor wrote: »
    Well it depends, are any items suitable for donation e.g. the clothes, toys and furniture?

    If nothing is suitable for donation then the majority can go to the citybin depot in Oranmore while the electrical items go to the council depot in liosbaun
    Citybin in Oranmore takes electrical now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ obi604


    Notch000 wrote: »
    msot of that can go to the civic recycling center in lisbaun industrial estate, its open on saturdays mornings as driving in drive out and has loads of custom skips. decent washed shoes and clothes could go to enable ireland drop offs
    im sure you can take the remainder to the dump on the headford and pay per bag full


    is this place in Lisbaun free?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭ ben.schlomo


    obi604 wrote: »
    is this place in Lisbaun free?

    Yes


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ obi604


    Yes




    right, noted, thank you. so essentially try and get rid of as much stuff as possible in Liosban recycling center for free. Are there any more of these in the county?



    and then anything else bring to Oranmore city bin and co and pay a fee


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭ GerardKeating


    obi604 wrote: »
    Are there any more of these in the county?

    Tuam, Clifden and Ballinasloe for the county.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ obi604






    fair play, thanks , sorry for all the basic questions


    haven't had to do this before so dont have a clue.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭ Storm 10


    Galway City Council Recycling Centre

    The opening hours of the facility are from 13.30pm to 3.30pm Monday to Thursday, 13.30pm to 3pm Friday and 8.15 to 12.30 on Saturday


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ obi604


    Storm 10 wrote: »
    Galway City Council Recycling Centre

    The opening hours of the facility are from 13.30pm to 3.30pm Monday to Thursday, 13.30pm to 3pm Friday and 8.15 to 12.30 on Saturday


    is this the one in Liosban mentioned previously?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭ ratracer


    obi604 wrote: »
    is this the one in Liosban mentioned previously?

    It is. It’s so annoying how poor the opening hours are there.

    CityBin in Oranmore is very cheap to bring stuff to. They have different charging structures, ie by the bag, by car boot, by weight etc.

    WEEE recycling is free, then the rest is charged.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ obi604


    ratracer wrote: »
    It is. It’s so annoying how poor the opening hours are there.

    CityBin in Oranmore is very cheap to bring stuff to. They have different charging structures, ie by the bag, by car boot, by weight etc.

    WEEE recycling is free, then the rest is charged.


    right, so definitely no charge for the one in Liosban?


    and then after this citybin seems the cheapest for any leftovers


Advertisement