Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards is getting bored with us, so it is shutting down

Options
  • 04-10-2020 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having these issues?

It is a constant thing now.

Would like someone to let us know what is happening. But nothing. I do realise it is Sunday Night, but no matter what day of the week it is, this happens and it is just what it is, and no feedback either after a patch up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It's getting to be virtually unusable now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It's been like this for months, going on the blink pretty regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Found myself on Reddit more often as s result of the sites unreliability issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They need a new hamster for the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

That's either a hilarious joke or hilarious coincidence above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

THe 503s have stopped for me but every second post is repeated multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sad to see the demise of Boards, but hey there are other fora out there.

And it is looking like that now. Wish they would just cut it and say it instead of constant interruptions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I think there was a notification there would be issues this weekend? Or was that last weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

If it's to do with number of users due to an excitable topic then it isn't great for it to stutter as clearly people flock to it when there is something of importance being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭con747

Constant glitches for most of the year.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

It's riddled with Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

If anyone knows another forum pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Regular indexing of the DB and perhaps a migration to AWS with some autoscaling. Might be a cost effective change.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭global23214124

Clicking on the last page of posts for a thread but it directs me to my last seen page on the thread.
    Database errors if I post (but it still actually posts)
    Generally being slow to load pages and sometimes it doesn't load at all, just get a white screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Boards isn't dying but they really need to improve its infrastructure, the constant issues and lack of updates makes for a very bad user experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I think there was a notification there would be issues this weekend? Or was that last weekend
    Every weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭This is it

Sad to see the demise of Boards, but hey there are other fora out there.

And it is looking like that now. Wish they would just cut it and say it instead of constant interruptions now.

There are a few people employed by Boards, shut it down and they're out on their ear and no one wants to see that. They really need to fix the issues though, getting a bit ridiculous at this stage. Same thing week in week out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,753 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement