Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED garage lighting

Options
  • 04-10-2020 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Hows it going?

Ive put up a shed and it's nearly finished so I want to order some lights. I want to get some LED battens but I'm not sure what to look for. Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

sonic85 wrote: »
    Hows it going?

Ive put up a shed and it's nearly finished so I want to order some lights. I want to get some LED battens but I'm not sure what to look for. Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

The likes of CEF electrical suppliers should steer you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’ve this in my shed (10ft*8Ft) it’s like daylight

L’Home 4FT 120CM 36W LED Batten Lights Slim TRI-Proof Ceiling Lights, Daylight 6500K, 3600LM, 50000hrs,Anti Corrosive Ceiling Lights, Garage Lights,Garage Lighting(36W 4FT 120cm)[Energy Class A++] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MBTRHS9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_FNHEFbP0YNAZ6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Is there a Kellihers close to you? https://kellihers.com/branchlocator/

If so have a look at their "NCV2X5/840 Cleveland LED 5FT Twin IP65 C/Proof"

Lovely items. I have them in my garage and they're fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My setup here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114157515&postcount=256

I can post a parts list if you want.

Don't bother with the consumer level stuff like Hue, they're only for accent lighting rather than task lighting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Amazon led lights arrive broken then you pay more to ship them back to uk than they cost

• Advertisement

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Amazon led lights arrive broken then you pay more to ship them back to uk than they cost

No they don’t and Amazon do free returns. They’ll send you a pre paid thing which you print off and bring to the post office.

Why would you post a blatant lie ?

No they don’t and Amazon do free returns. They’ll send you a pre paid thing which you print off and bring to the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Go to an electrical wholesalers explain what your at and they’ll sort you out.

ted1 wrote: »

Because it happened to me first lights were broken the return at my expense the second set they sent was also broken

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »

Because it happened to me first lights were broken the return at my expense the second set they sent was also broken

I haven't gotten around to it yet but im going to put 4/6 of the outdoor led flood lights in my garage .
    On the ceiling pointing straight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thanks for all the replies everyone - I'll do a bit of research and see what will suit me best! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

The likes of kellihers or any electrical wholesaler will steer you in right direction.

Avoid the 6500k white light - its piercing.

A very good daylight hue is 4000k-4500k - its more a true daylight brightness and great for kitchens / hallways and workplaces

2700k is the warm white that you'd be used to in standard bulbs - ideal for relaxing areas.

silver2020 wrote: »
    The likes of kellihers or any electrical wholesaler will steer you in right direction.

Avoid the 6500k white light - its piercing.

A very good daylight hue is 4000k-4500k - its more a true daylight brightness and great for kitchens / hallways and workplaces

2700k is the warm white that you'd be used to in standard bulbs - ideal for relaxing areas.

For a shed or workspace 6500 is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

sonic85 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies everyone - I'll do a bit of research and see what will suit me best! Cheers

Go with Teds recommendation. Excellent quality and light for small money. Fit in minutes. I put 2 in mine; one on the roof and one over a workbench. Very good lighting; and not piercing in any way as was alluded to above.

Advertisement