Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy concrete driveway

Options
  • 04-10-2020 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

We just had a concrete driveway put in, and it’s full of holes, and is pooling in several places. They said there was some problem with how the concrete was delivered, so it was too dry and wasn’t enough of it. We’re not at all happy with the job and have asked the company to fix it.

Problem is, all I think they can do is dig it all up and redo it but I’m far from confident they can do a decent job a second time.

Is there any alternative to taking it up entirely like applying some kind of resurfacing product to patch the holes and level it properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,956 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

oghran wrote:
    We just had a concrete driveway put in, and it’s full of holes, and is pooling in several places. They said there was some problem with how the concrete was delivered, so it was too dry and wasn’t enough of it. We’re not at all happy with the job and have asked the company to fix it.

Assuming the guys that did the driveway also supplied the cement (rather than you arranging) then the wrong mix, how wet or dry it was isn't your fault & they should dig it up & start again. Anything that you might use to level up the puddles is going to stick out like a sore thumb. Filling these puddles with cement would be a very temporary thing as they will crack & break away before long

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

Water would of sorting that out. I think they are feeding you b.s.

Advertisement