Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Integrated Fridge Freezer Width issue

• 03-10-2020 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

So I've had an Integrated Fridge Freezer for 17 years that is now faulty. The Fridge part is freezing up and not managing to get below about 8 or 9 degrees.

I need the following

60/40, fixed hinge & preferably frost free.

The cabinet that holds it is about 57cm wide. My previous fridge is a 54cm wide. Seems Bosch only make a 60/40 in 55.8cm wide.

Will it fit? Will the doors close properly? Is there enough ventilation each side of the unit. I used to read 2cm each side.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

forumdedum wrote: »
    So I've had an Integrated Fridge Freezer for 17 years that is now faulty. The Fridge part is freezing up and not managing to get below about 8 or 9 degrees.

I need the following

60/40, fixed hinge & preferably frost free.

The cabinet that holds it is about 57cm wide. My previous fridge is a 54cm wide. Seems Bosch only make a 60/40 in 55.8cm wide.

Will it fit? Will the doors close properly? Is there enough ventilation each side of the unit. I used to read 2cm each side.

Thank you

Think it’s the rear of the fridge that needs the ventilation, Is the new fridge the same height?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Think it’s the rear of the fridge that needs the ventilation, Is the new fridge the same height?

Yes I think the height is the same.

Will the cabinet door close properly if it's tight fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

forumdedum wrote: »
    Yes I think the height is the same.

Will the cabinet door close properly if it's tight fit?

They usually have a lot of free play on the plastic clips that connect the fridge doors to the cabinet doors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    They usually have a lot of free play on the plastic clips that connect the fridge doors to the cabinet doors

is that for fixed hinge?

Advertisement