Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice please: Kia Picanto 1l

Options
  • 03-10-2020 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello all,

I'm looking to a buy a car soon. I'm considering buying a Kia Picanto 1 litre (2016).

I'm a bit concerned about driving a 1 litre. I live in the countryside. Most of my driving is from my house to the nearby shops. I rarely go on the motorway, but I frequently drive between 80-100k on the country roads.

I'd like to get some insights from people who've owned a Kia Picanto, or if a 1 litre is powerful enough for the countryside?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Tipp-girl wrote: »
    Hello all,

I'm looking to a buy a car soon. I'm considering buying a Kia Picanto 1 litre (2016).

But concerned about buying a 1 litre. I live in the countryside. Most of my driving is from my house to the nearby shops. I rarely go on the motorway, but I frequently drive between 80-100k on the country roads.

I'd like to get some insights from people who've owned a Kia Picanto, or if a 1 litre is powerful enough for the countryside?

All cars can do 80 to 100 kmph handy enough but you'll have little overtaking ability. The acceleration will be slow so if by country roads you mean one with lots of bends every time you slow down you'll have to work it hard to get back up to original speed. If by country roads they're relatively straight and wide you'll be fine in a 1 litre...

Also, a small car like that will be affected if you add weight, like 4 to 5 people in a car whereas bigger cars notice it much less.

I had a 1.1 Peugeot 206 when younger and also a 1.2 fiat punto, both had something like 60 to 70 bhp and struggled really badly when filling them to go to matches (although I will admit we were large rugby players and 5 of us would have been the best part of 500kgs)

A 1.0 litre kia these days should have a bit more power than those cars but probably not by much. But I'd also wager its a bit heavier too.
    If you're worried about performance and like to get a decent move on you'll probably be disappointed.

Advertisement