Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Recommendations

Options
  • 03-10-2020 7:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Boiler just packed in. It’s about 10 years old and I was told it’s not worth investing anymore in it. I’m looking for advice on getting a new one. Would love a Combi but hear they are expensive. Any recommendations for a gas boiler for a 3 bed - semi, I might get the attic done soon so it would need to heat 3 rooms and 4 bedrooms.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

We replaced our crappy old boiler with a Worcester Bosch combi a few years ago for our three bed semi. Best decision we ever made, it's excellent. To be fair you can probably go a bit lower spec than the Worcester Bosch and still get a good boiler, but either way the combi is the way to go unless you are heating a very large house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

2nd vote for Worcester Bosch. Only a few hundred more expensive. Also go for a well known or highly recommended installation company. I got some ridiculous quotes from a couple of smaller one man band types.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Advertisement