Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got the flu jab yet for kids?

Options
  • 01-10-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am a bit worried my ex says they took my son to get the jab already but the kid is 12 and everything on the HSE says flu jabs will be mid october at the earliest??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭ForestFire

This year's flu vaccine is available, but the priority is to get the elderly and at risk groups done first.

I thought the kids though would be getting a nasal spray version, rather than jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilithMoore

ForestFire wrote: »
    This year's flu vaccine is available, but the priority is to get the elderly and at risk groups done first.

I taught the kids though would be getting a nasal spray version, rather than jab.

Yeah I need to check this out, they said he was given a jab in the arm. At the time I was just happy but now I am worried the kiddo is being coached. I was told it was last Thursday evening so I assume the GP but trying to confirm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yeah I need to check this out, they said he was given a jab in the arm. At the time I was just happy but now I am worried the kiddo is being coached. I was told it was last Thursday evening so I assume the GP but trying to confirm now.

A few weeks ago, Boots were accepting bookings for the flu jab without any conditions. GPs are typically reserving for the most vulnerable. If they went to Boots, he's likely telling the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

i would not be giving jabs for kids

with face coverings should be down a lot this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilithMoore

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    i would not be giving jabs for kids

with face coverings should be down a lot this year

Oh feck off, if you had any grasp of the bloody vaccine you wouldn't be spouting that total hog wash. Off we ye. I want to make damn sure he does have it. An injection of an inactive virus is not going to harm him. We all get them and we protect front liners by doing so. Your mask protects other people and a small part it protects you. However if you do get the flu, if you get complications you could need medical help and your selfishness could lead to wasting time on ye when a flu jab would do nout to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement