Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architectural Technologist Salary advice (Junior level.)

Options
  • 01-10-2020 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I recently took up a job in Cork with small-medium size firm. I have just over 2 years post graduate experience.

Was advised after finishing college not to accept anything under €25k for a graduate. I was given this figure for the new job with a 6 month review to possibly earn more there after.

Should i be asking for more given im not exactly a graduate but still pretty junior? or run with it until the 6 month review?

Firm mainly dealing with residential one-offs (steady flow.) with the odd bit commercial. Not sure what to ask for given the impact covid has had on the industry.

Appreciate any advice, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

If doesn't really matter what you 'should' be getting you agreed a 25k salary with a 6 month review. With two years experience you 'should' have negotiated a better salary than 25k but you cant change that now.

Put your head down for the 6 months prove your worth more and push firmly for your review at the end of the 6 month period would be my advice.

Advertisement