Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your launch day series X/S games?

Options
  • 30-09-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I was lucky enough to get a series X preorder but was thinking what will I be playing day one. With halo delayed there isn't really a big launch title.
    I'm thinking AC. Valhalla and dirt 5 with gears tactics free on game pass. And obviously cyberpunk when it comes out.
    What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

For me, Valhalla and Fifa 21! Maybe Legion.
    Whatever is in gamepass and the old library that'll look shiny :)
    Couldn't care less about Cyberpunk :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

At the rate I'm getting through it, I'll still be playing Return of the Obra Dinn on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Definitely Valhalla, I do tell myself every year "I'm not buying fifa" so I'll probably get fifa as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭recyclops

Nothing, will wait for cyberpunk then medium.

Will buy valhalla when it's around 20 quid on xbox one that's the value an assassin filler game is worth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

having been away from the Microsoft ecosystem for 8 years and had no plans to get an xbox either this generation until that Bethesda buyout and have since ordered an Xbox Series X.

I have no microsoft games as all my games are for ps4 and Switch. I will most likely get Gamespass Ultimate on day 1 so that I have something to play and the list of games in that looks very good indeed. I will buy Valhalla as it could run better than the PS5 version if they manage to tap into the extra power. I will definitely get Cyberpunk for the xbox as well whenever it is released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I was hoping to play the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster to break the series s in but that’ll have to wait by the looks of things...

Have they announced any Game Pass Series X enhanced games yet that will be ready for launch?

To answer my own question, here is the complete list Game Pass or otherwise:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized#thetable

Out of that I'll have FH4 and Gears Tactics sitting there on quick resume to dip in and out of and will go for COD as my main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Will play through Gears 5 again but this time it will look and feel so much better on my OLED

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Nothing, Valhalla will have bugs like all Ubisoft games at launch and from watching PS4 gameplay, the game does not look all that good graphically and I really want Cyperpunk so im not going to spend 60-70 on Valhalla to only play it for a few days before Cyberpunk comes out. I will pick up Valhalla cheap in a few months.

Also, EA Access is free with Gamepass Ultimate on Nov 10th. So will that not include Fifa 21?

no fifa games tend to go on access a few months after they are released, normally June/July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've ordered an S having had a PS4 this gen and 360 before that. I intend to catch up on halo, gears and play the other exclusives I missed out on last gen like Ori and state of decay. Then pick up cyberpunk down the line.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I've ordered an S having had a PS4 this gen and 360 before that. I intend to catch up on halo, gears and play the other exclusives I missed out on last gen like Ori and state of decay. Then pick up cyberpunk down the line.

i'm similiar to yourself, have alot of microsoft stuff to catch up on. Halo 3 was the last Halo I played and Gears of War 2 I think was the last one of those I played. Have never played any of the Ori games either (even tho they are on the Switch), never played Cuphead or the Forza games. Forza Horizon looks great, so got alot to look forward to when getting gamespass.

I said earlier cyberpunk 2077 would be one of the first games along with Valhalla that I'd buy for the xbox, however I've a feeling Cyperpunk could get delayed again as the game still isn't finished and has yet to go gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Yakuza - Like a Dragon and Cyberpunk should be enough to keep me going for a while. That along with any Series X upgrades the existing GP library will get and Gears Tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

I'm still working through Assassins Creed Odyssey, should be finished by the time Series X arrives! These games seem like the perfect pandemic remedies, lovely outdoor scenery. I've no idea what is happening in the story though.

So I'd say I'll get the new Assassins Creed when it arrives, should tie me over a wee while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Assassin's Creed Valhalla definitely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Legion, Cyberpunk and I'm now thinking of picking up NBA 2k21 after seeing the trailer drop today.It looks pretty impressive graphically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib5ygUYjHZI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Everything on Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play, plus GTA V online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla definitely :)

Are people not fed up with that franchise yet?

Last few games have mixed reviews.

I'm just not drawn to it at all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

murpho999 wrote: »

They've revamped the formula for the last two games, a lot more RPG elements in them now and a different combat system. Playing Odyssey at the moment and I'm enjoying it a lot after more or less being done with the franchise years ago out of boredom. I don't recall reviews being mixed, thought it made most game of the year shortlists in 2018.

They are still unbalanced, odyssey is great up to a point and then its tedious filler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

It wouldn't be something I'd play with any kind of seriousness but more to enjoy the graphics and the simple enough ticking off activities. There's not much depth but it passes the time in a crisis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Probes wrote: »
    I'm still working through Assassins Creed Odyssey, should be finished by the time Series X arrives! These games seem like the perfect pandemic remedies, lovely outdoor scenery. I've no idea what is happening in the story though.

So I'd say I'll get the new Assassins Creed when it arrives, should tie me over a wee while.

I couldn't really get into the old AC games but Odyssey is one of the best games I've played in years so hopefully Valhalla is brilliant as well.

Valhalla and cyberpunk for me bar **** reviews. Watchdogs on the list as well if reviews are good, if not I will pick it up when its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Lonely mountains
    Res evil 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cyberpunk 2077 and Gears Tactics. Other than that still primarily playing Apex Legends daily.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla has been patched, the performance on this game on the xbox series X was very disappointing to say the least with screen tearing ruining the look and feel of the game, so I held off on advancing past Norway till this patch came out.

Running the new patch now and there is performance 60fps and graphic fidelity 30fps modes and the game is now looking and running much better and most importantly I don't see any screen tearing!

The 60fps mode is silky smooth but looks a lower resolution compared to the game pre patched. The 30fps mode is still fairly smooth but looks higher quality compared to before, looks very close to native 4k and really high texture quality!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Yakuza Like a Dragon and Gears Tactics. Was tempted by AC Valhalla but from what I'm hearing about bugs I think I'll hold off a while

Advertisement