Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog door/flaps

Options
  • 30-09-2020 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hoping somebody can steer me in the right direction.

Looking to get a dog door/flap installed into a wooden back door.

Unfortunaltey one of our dogs is nervous so will be a challenge to train her to use, but Im hoping when she sees the other lad bouncing through it in time she will get the confidence etc.

Electronic one wont work for us (as the lad love to chew the collar of the girleen, so would be concerned she would end up getting locked out!)

Anybody have any advice/recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Sureflap do both cat and dog flaps which are chip activated. Think their max size though is "small dog" so depends on what you have.
    We've a cat one with years and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Stratvs wrote: »
    Sureflap do both cat and dog flaps which are chip activated. Think their max size though is "small dog" so depends on what you have.
    We've a cat one with years and it works perfectly.

Thank you for your recommendation. It sounds like it may be just too small for our two.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I Have a staywell heavy duty aluminium one, its decent quality and has a metal partition that you can slide down when not in use so its semi secure. One of our dogs is quite nervous but the other dog "trained" her to use it,it took a bit but she got used to it,

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I Have a staywell heavy duty aluminium one, its decent quality and has a metal partition that you can slide down when not in use so its semi secure. One of our dogs is quite nervous but the other dog "trained" her to use it,it took a bit but she got used to it,

Will look into this, hoping the gutsy lad will "train" the sensitive soul into how to use it!
    Thanks for suggestion:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Cold will come in and also burglars

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_m2LAtG3q_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi,

There seems to be loads of microchip flaps for small dogs, but none at all for any other size ;(

I've a cockapoo that's 15 inches high from the floor to the top of her back, so I think she's just a bit above "small".

I'd love to get a microchip dog flap, but have searched a lot and not found one yet, for a (small!) medium dog.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Have you found one since, may I ask?

I'm looking to get a microchip controlled dog flap for our Corgi. (mid-sized dog also)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi, no, I haven't seen any, although I haven't looked in about a year. Would still be interested in one if you find one tho!

Advertisement