Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 7 I've had enough!

Options
  • 30-09-2020 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I've been binge watching the last few months and just started Season 7 last night. I can't even finish episode 1 as I'm so bored with it already. I turned it off with only 8 minutes of it left. That whole scene with Negan killing Abraham and then Glenn just dragged like a wet Monday. It seemed to go on for ever. If I was to just skip season 7 will I miss out on anything? I really don't care about Negan, he's very OTT. A bit like overkill. Should I just call it quits and start season 8 or just stop altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I've been binge watching the last few months and just started Season 7 last night. I can't even finish episode 1 as I'm so bored with it already. I turned it off with only 8 minutes of it left. That whole scene with Negan killing Abraham and then Glenn just dragged like a wet Monday. It seemed to go on for ever. If I was to just skip season 7 will I miss out on anything? I really don't care about Negan, he's very OTT. A bit like overkill. Should I just call it quits and start season 8 or just stop altogether?
    Walk away now. It'll get worse for you! Abandoned it in Season 9 myself, two seasons too late. From season 6 it just went down a slope to a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I stopped watching it at season 5, I meant to catch up with remaining seasons but I just couldn't be arsed sitting through another 5 or 6 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I gave up on it as well, maybe S7 or S8.

It gradually got worse every season after the first, which I really enjoyed. Some good episodes scattered throughout but they really dragged the ass out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

is_that_so wrote: »
    Walk away now. It'll get worse for you! Abandoned it in Season 9 myself, two seasons too late. From season 6 it just went down a slope to a complete mess.

I find it dreadfully hard to walk away from completing a show, but I had to with TWD. It became miserably poor as it went on, and I gave up in S8 or so.

It's a crying shame it delved to the levels it did, as it started out very good.

Tl;dr, it doesn't get better, walk away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Should I just call it quits and start season 8 or just stop altogether?
    Option 1, quit now. I really didn't want to stop and kept going till the end of season 9 I think. If you're already not liking it, then I don't think it's going to improve for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I stopped watching at season 7.
    Then I went back to it because I hate leaving a series I liked unfinished and it was torture watching the following seasons.
    Then half way through season 9 it picked up. Like better than it ever was.
    Dont know what happened behind the scenes but it was definitely better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Stopped watching around season 7 a few years back. Recently rattled off season 8, 9 and just finished 10. Seasons 9 and 10 are probably better than any season from 3 to 8. Most have become a blur at this stage but definitely the last two seasons have been decent compared to the absolute drivel they were churning out for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I stopped watching at season 7.
    Then I went back to it because I hate leaving a series I liked unfinished and it was torture watching the following seasons.
    Then half way through season 9 it picked up. Like better than it ever was.
    Dont know what happened behind the scenes but it was definitely better.

Isn't that around the time that the old showrunner stepped back (as he was shite) and the new one stepped up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Isn't that around the time that the old showrunner stepped back (as he was shite) and the new one stepped up?

I dont know, but when Rick left it got far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

I decided I’d give it a go again after leaving it because season 7/8 were pretty much unbearable and I’d had enough.

I had heard 9 and 10 were big improvements, only watched season 9 and have to say it’s one of the best seasons. Only prob now is amazon only goes as far as 9 if you want to watch 10 it’s €2.49 per episode, no thanks.

Anyone know where else season 10 can be viewed is it still showing on rte?

I know it was on Fox UK but season is finished and doesn’t appear to be scheduled at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

On s8, ep10 and nearly ready to give up. This is dire. Are any of the spin offs worth a look because I can't take much more of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Gunner5

Id say get through Season 8. I'm 4 eps into Season 10 and I've definitely noticed an improvement. Season 9 at times had me on edge which 7 and 8 didn't at all and I was bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭WealthyB

That'd be Scott Gimple, who after destroying TWD with 2 seasons of unlimited ammo nonsense (The Negan "All Out War" story doesnt drag on half as long in the comics) went on to take a flamethrower to the excellent Fear of The Walking Dead and turn it into a Morgan-fuelled parody of a show. If you think TWD went downhill, what happened to FTWD when he took over from S4 is so laughably bad, its beyond comprehension it ever made it beyond the cutting room. It's quite simply the worst television I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

if youre on season 7 or 8 Id recommend just read up on recaps online. Watch season 8 eps. 8 and last episode of season 8 and then start again at season 9. Definitely much better and without the long season breaks then, itll be a much easier view....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Got through season 8 in the end, think thats me done with Rick and Co for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

7 was the biggest slog, I don't remember 8.

9 was pretty good, 10 has been good, haven't finished it out yet because the first time watching I couldn't really keep up with some of the events that happened after Rick left, him going was like a traumatising experience also in fairness and I just took a break. Started watching from the start again to finish it out - season 2 was dull, but had a bit of charm and 7 was by the far the biggest slog. I do think it picks up again in S9 onwards

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I wonder if this constitutes a zombie post...

I dropped off around S7 back when it was airing. Have spent the last few months working through it given I knew at the main show was reaching a conclusion.

Actually came to like some of the earlier seasons again.

S1 is still great, despite some weaker characters.

S2 had some good and some bad.

S3 & S4 had more good than bad.

S5 starts great and does open up a lot of new things.

The pace really drops off in S6 and S7. Those damn montages in S7 of all the characters were painful ways to open/close episodes.

S8 was quite forgettable, and the changing motivations of certain characters at different points is really taxing. Morgan, Carol, Rick, Michonne's changing philosophies, Tara & Daryl's relationship with Dwight is all a bit padded out longer than it should be, so is all a bit yawn.

On S9 now, and finding it pretty decent. But have to say that from practical POV, the antagonists are absolutely riddled with inconsistencies.

Advertisement