Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desk wood panel

Options
  • 29-09-2020 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

I've been on the lookout for a desk to replace my current desk at home.
    I'm using a large office type desk and looking to downsize a little since the duel monitor arms have freed up space.

Anyway, desks I'm looking at are junk so I'm looking for a solid hardwood worktop 120cm-130cm length 50-60cm width and 2-3cm thick to put together myself with legs bought separately.

I've gone to some kitchen places but they don't do pieces that short and don't do off cuts, don't mind cutting it down myself if it's larger but not paying for 300cm to throw away half it

Must be places I can buy this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Donedeal is full of old island units and kitchens for sale.

Have a browse through and you'll pick up something for next to nothing.

A worktop off an island unit would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I happen to have an offcut of exactly what you're looking for, half of a 3m worktop in oak.

Not sure where you are you can have it for nothing if you can collect around Dublin (I'm in north Wicklow). PM me if you want it.

Advertisement