Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

What film is this.... one for the hardcore movie buffs....

• 28-09-2020 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭ cjpm

In the mid 90's I remember watching some War film on RTE, based on a true story about a platoon that had a sucessful mission during either the Korean or Vietnam war.

RTE also showed the sequel the following night about a later mission, however they never returned from their mission this time. I think they were planning to use tiny submarines in the second mission.

I remember that the search party sent to locate them found Bananas buried somewhere along the route and were able to tell that the men had been there a certain number of days previously.

Any ideas of the title folks, not easy as my memory is so vague....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ marathont

I remember watching that, I think it was called heroes, I think this is it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095297/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭ cjpm

Jeez, fair play to you. That's it alright.

Running time is 3Hr28 so it was shown over two nights on RTE, i mistakenly thought it was a sequel the second night. I wonder where i'd find it to watch it again???

Advertisement