Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil leak bomford hedge cutter

Options
  • 27-09-2020 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Hi I have an oil leak in the valve chest of my hedge cutter. Pretty sure it is the o ring needs replacement in the under plate of the splice at the under cap..
    Can I replace it in situ or do I need to remove the bolts holding the three splices together.
    It’s a Kontak valve chest.
    Thanks for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Tileman wrote: »
    Hi I have an oil leak in the valve chest of my hedge cutter. Pretty sure it is the o ring needs replacement in the under plate of the splice at the under cap..
    Can I replace it in situ or do I need to remove the bolts holding the three splices together.
    It’s a Kontak valve chest.
    Thanks for help

Cap on the end of the slice can be in situ. All the others have split if I remember correctly. Any photos of where it's leaking odd size of o ring too from memory, but it's a long time since I done one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Tileman

Cap on the end of the slice can be in situ. All the others have split if I remember correctly. Any photos of where it's leaking odd size of o ring too from memory, but it's a long time since I done one.

Yea I’ll put up a picture later when I’m back down at the farm. Yea it’s a 3 slice valve block. Middle one is leaking at cap on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Tileman

This is the valve chest . Under this in photo two is where it is leaking from cap. I opened it this evening but there is no o ring in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Ó ring on end of spool probably gone.
    https://store.germanbliss.com/bush-hog-315-rotary-cutter-obsolete-hydraulic-control-valve-kontak-parts
    Should be something similar to what's in the link.

Advertisement