Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiling water tap EWT

Options
  • 26-09-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting one from EWT , but cannot find any reviews online . Their softener reviews look largely positive.
    Have they installed a boiling water tap for anyone here? Happy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Can't give you a review yet, I'm having a water softener and a hot water tap installed on Friday i will let you know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

baktag wrote: »
    Can't give you a review yet, I'm having a water softener and a hot water tap installed on Friday i will let you know how it goes

Thanks ! Appreciate it . I’m leaning towards a qettle as it would have a separate tap and is true boiling apparently but very undecided

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

we have a Quooker Flex installed and at the beginning we where 50/50 if it would be a benefit or not after a few days we knew we made the right choice, Its crazy how often it gets used. Drinks/Cooking/Cleaning etc...

eusap wrote: »
    we have a Quooker Flex installed and at the beginning we where 50/50 if it would be a benefit or not after a few days we knew we made the right choice, Its crazy how often it gets used. Drinks/Cooking/Cleaning etc...

What size tank did you go for do you mind me asking ? The mid size ones look grand for tea / coffee but wondering if cooking for a family would a bigger 7-8 litre be better? They are not much bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

we got the Pro3 so 3 litres of water, we have never run out or noticed its a problem. We decided a kettle of water is typically 1.5-2l litres of water and it takes about 10mins to reheat from empty.

So more a question how do you intend to use it, do you use more than a kettle of water at a time etc....

• Advertisement

eusap wrote: »
    we got the Pro3 so 3 litres of water, we have never run out or noticed its a problem. We decided a kettle of water is typically 1.5-2l litres of water and it takes about 10mins to reheat from empty.

So more a question how do you intend to use it, do you use more than a kettle of water at a time etc....

That’s a smart way of looking at it , we probably use 2-3 litres cooking and looking at videos of the qettle it seems the 4 litre one will dispense 2 litres of boiling water . There isn’t a massive difference in price or size tbh

Have you had a cuppa yet :)

Have you had a cuppa yet :)

Hi

Yes I have, and it was perfect. I'm very pleased with the tap and the water filter (RO) . The softener will take a few day to replace all the hard water in the house so can't advise on that as of yet.

I had 3 systems installed.
    The first is a whole of house water softener system.
    The second was a reverse osmosis (RO) water filter for drinking water system which also feeds the boiling hot tap instead of the traditional filter supplied
    and the third was the hot stuff boiling water tap brand ACE. boil water system 4.4l capacity. 1550w

Because I have an insinkuator under my sink there was only enough space to install the RO filter system ther also so the hot tap tank and water softener went in the adjoining cupboard

Overall install was perfect , the tank for the hot tap isn't too large 366mm high 219mm in width and 279mm in depth

This is my setup

Thank you so much for sharing and delighted it worked out so well for you!
    Are you a tea drinker ? Happy that water is hot enough?
    Would you mind sharing a pic of the tap ? Or PM’ing me
    Thanks again for getting back so fast

• Advertisement

We are a massive tea house 3 Lyons gold blend drinkers and 2 Yorkshire tea drinkers
    Yes hot enough for tea
    The reason I went for EWT. 60 day money back Guarantee. And also I spread the cost Over 18 months with flexifi

Thanks , you probably have me convinced , my biggest concern was the water temperature and lack of reviews but ACE looks like it’s sold in Holland and reviews are ok. At the end of the day it’s probably easier than ordering on amazon

Although we are more of a Barry’s house :)

Booking confirmed !!

We are a massive tea house 3 Lyons gold blend drinkers and 2 Yorkshire tea drinkers
    Yes hot enough for tea
    The reason I went for EWT. 60 day money back Guarantee. And also I spread the cost Over 18 months with flexifi

Quick question, for your filtered water tap did they bi-pass the softener? Mine is softened water. Probably not a massive difference but I thought it would be a hard feed .

Quick question, for your filtered water tap did they bi-pass the softener? Mine is softened water. Probably not a massive difference but I thought it would be a hard feed .

Mine is fed from my reverse osmosis filter which would soften the water but that’s not the same as being fed from the water softener

Mine is fed from my reverse osmosis filter which would soften the water but that’s not the same as being fed from the water softener

Thanks . Our Water tap is softened first then goes through carbon filter . I just assumed it would be hard water through carbon filter

• Registered Users Posts: 7 walshj74

Thanks for all the information on this thread.

We're currently doing a kitchen renovation. We've had a Reverse Osmosis (RO) system for about 10 years and are very happy with it.

In the new kitchen, we are thinking of replacing the RO system with a Quooker boil water tap with an additional drinking water filter.
    We are hoping that the filters in the Quooker system will mean that we no longer need the RO system.

Just wonder what others think, particularly if you have experience of using both RO and boil water systems.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

looking at quooker boiling water tap, we already have a water softener installed with water filter.

which water should we feed into quooker?

hard water direct from tap to quooker? or

softened water to quooker? or

filtered water to quooker?

Advertisement