Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet Cleveland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

“Black” Cleveland?
    Who calls him that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Mike Henry "persons of color should play characters of color".

Fair enough but I wish that would extend to Irish people playing Irish characters.
    Some of those accents over the years were atrocious.
    Tom Cruise the gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cartoon animals should only be voiced by real animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Is family guy still on? Well past its use by date by now.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Your Face wrote: »

Fair enough but I wish that would extend to Irish people playing Irish characters.
    Tom Cruise the gimp.

Tom cruise had a very good Irish accent but had to ham it up for the target audience and so went stage Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

They should have just made Cleveland the character white. That would have been hilarious.

A big press junket announcing no more will black characters be played by white actors and a huge premier only for woke people.

Then filming the reactions when all the people in the show had turned white.

It would probably get the show cancelled and ruin all their careers but my god would it be funny. They could run out at the end telling them it was all a prank I suppose, but still hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,250 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Your Face wrote: »

Tom Cruise the gimp.

Sam Neill, Peaky Blinders deserves a (dis)honourable mention

Oh, and all the "irish" cast in that season of Sons of Anarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The actor who voices Joe Swanson now has to become paraplegic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

More fodder for persecuted white people to get upset about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Tom cruise had a very good Irish accent but had to ham it up for the target audience and so went stage Irish

Id like to hear his "very good Irish accent."

As opposed to this:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

everlast75 wrote: »
    Sam Neill, Peaky Blinders deserves a (dis)honourable mention

Oh, and all the "irish" cast in that season of Sons of Anarchy

Couldn't watch soa after that, the Irish storyline was pure cheese.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

https://twitter.com/aljean/status/1310281956832100352?s=21

Al Jean needs to be sacked first and the show soon after canned. Whilst Mike Scully is often the one blamed for the decline of The Simpson’s, it was somewhat salvageable in season 13. Al Jean has spent the last 18 seasons with gems like Bart the feminist and Lisa goes Gaga. A man obsessed with celebrities and pop culture gags. Trying to be Seth MacFarlane.

Note that Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein felt the show should’ve ended at season 8 (3 of their episodes carried over to season 9) and hence stepped down as show runners at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Congrats to Alex and Arif. Best of luck to both of them. Will be watching both first episodes of the new seasons later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Couldn't watch soa after that, the Irish storyline was pure cheese.

I gave up too. It was a stinkbomb. They made Tom Cruise look like Laurence Olivier.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I find it peculiar that they are going through all this fuss for fictional characters. I would understand if it would be (or at least based on) a real person.

I also notice that it only seems to work in one way, i.e. white should not play any other skin colour. Only a few days ago it was announced that the black actor Aldis Hodge will play Hawkman in a new DC movie. Hawkman has always been depicted as white in the comics. No one seems to mind and it should not matter. Actors should be able to portray any character no matter what their sex, skin colour or sexual orientation is.

Advertisement