Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Side Hedge Cutting

Options
  • 25-09-2020 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I have a part of my house site that just has some gorse growing by the road side and it's starting to encroach on the public road (back road) and would need to be cut back.
    Probably a very vague question, but do most land owners or framers cut the road side hedges back themselves or is there local people hired by land owners to cut the hedges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Snotty wrote: »
    I have a part of my house site that just has some gorse growing by the road side and it's starting to encroach on the public road (back road) and would need to be cut back.
    Probably a very vague question, but do most land owners or framers cut the road side hedges back themselves or is there local people hired by land owners to cut the hedges?

Mainly contractors hired by the farmer, but some guys have their own hedge cutter.
    If you see a guy cutting, just stop and ask him if he'd do your stretch when in the area.
    Not sure what costs are like this year, probably between 35 and 50 euro per hour.

Advertisement