Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing flat screen TV to 100 mm insulated wall

Options
  • 25-09-2020 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi. As title says what is the best option to fix flat screen bracket to wall. 100mm insulation fixed onto block wall. No batons used.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

10mm or 12 mm 160mm express nails with self tappers in the hole in the express nails.
    Need to be in the block and not in the joints

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

I find that most new flatscreen TVs are not that heavy
    Conventional rawl plugs and screws do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

i used M8 RIGFIX purchased from ebay there designed for this type of installation,
    there 12=6mm bolts which have an 8mm threaded bolt which then goes in to its center,

Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-Rigifix-Heavy-Duty-Plasterboard-Wall-Fixing-For-LCD-LED-TV-Pack-of-1-/190798826141

so you drill 16mm holes in to the block 110mm deep, insert wall plug and screw in the 12mm bolt using an Allan key,
    then your left with a threaded hole and 8mm bolt to fit your bracket.
    here's some pictures:

po1Gf2cCj

pnDdVqBbj

poszSidBj

pmII64WPj

pnxohiKGj

pnUvAOoYj

ive also used Blue Gripit fixings for partition walls

popOHpotj

pmyGyDjPj

pmWue9yvj

pox7yvnAj

pm5LGqYLj

pmpvZcLKj

heres the blue which can hold up to 70kg each, I've put four in the wall for my 22kg TV and bracket just to be sure to be sure,

poYiSIByj

pmLKwFzsj

pm9yNXHgj

Advertisement