Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting over bathroom tiles

Options
  • 25-09-2020 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All, I want to paint over out dated bathroom tiles .But I'm not sure which way to go about it. Can I either use a primer on them followed by a regular paint , or can I just use a specific tile paint such as the Ronseal Tile Paint (tilepaint only seems to come in very small tins, 750ml for 30 euros) . Do either scenarios require the tiles to be sanded down prior to painting ?any one got any recommendations on what paints / brands to use ? I will be going for a white colour .any advise greatly appreciated ....thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Hi All, I want to paint over out dated bathroom tiles .But I'm not sure which way to go about it. Can I either use a primer on them followed by a regular paint , or can I just use a specific tile paint such as the Ronseal Tile Paint (tilepaint only seems to come in very small tins, 750ml for 30 euros) . Do either scenarios require the tiles to be sanded down prior to painting ?any one got any recommendations on what paints / brands to use ? I will be going for a white colour .any advise greatly appreciated ....thanks
    Please, don’t!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Please, don’t!

I painted tiles before. They were green with an ugly pattern.

It certainly brightened up the bathroom.

However, the paint will scratch off easily and even peel although that can be reduced by prep (maybe a light sanding and using a degreaser) and also proper paint.

It will only improve the worst of tiles. In most cases you're best off to stick with your old tiles or save to get a proper job done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement