Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slurry spreading charges

Options
  • 24-09-2020 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Lads a fella asked me to agitate and spread his 2 bay tank today 8 ft deep wat would the charge be I asked him for 300 was this price ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

lab man wrote: »
    Lads a fella asked me to agitate and spread his 2 bay tank today 8 ft deep wat would the charge be I asked him for 300 was this price ok

Agitating roughly €50 an hour, spreading slurry with a 2500 gallon tank round the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Depends on the job really. The slurry could be like a bank of turf as its later on in the year, and that would be a B@$tard to agitate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Depends on the job really. The slurry could be like a bank of turf as its later on in the year, and that would be a B@$tard to agitate.

It was 3.5 hrs to mix it twas fair solid

Slurry was thick alright I've a 3800 nc agitator and a 1600 gal tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

I wouldn't agitate a dry tank for €50/hour. Too much pressure on the tractor, just not worth the grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

The length of the draw between the shed and the field would be a big influence on the cost too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Slurry is definitely not a set price job. What would have happened if you had to go drawing water to get it going.

For what gear you have, I'd say min 60/hr for agitation. And 40-45 for spreading.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

lab man wrote: »
    It was 3.5 hrs to mix it twas fair solid

How long to spread it? Good contractor around here charges the same price for agitating and spreading per hr, reckons it encourages customers to agitate every time. Saves drawing water after farmers with no agitator suck out what they can.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

around here its €50 to €60 per hour for agitating and spreading, local guy has a decent agitator and a 2750 gallon tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,231 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I think my contractor charges 55/hour for agitation and spreading. It spread with a dribble bar and a 2.5k tank. I in GLAS for it so I get a but back for it.

OP as another posted 50-60/hour for agitation and 40/hour for spreading. If he is a friend you can knock a bit off if you do not want the job again add bit on.

If agitation took 3.5hours then that is 175-200euro. Spreading depending on distance but most smaller lads throw it out near the shed 4ish hours. So 300 if a friend or he pays cash, 350 if it business 450 if you never want to be inside the gate again

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

There's a crowd here that charge 1000 - 1400
    to break up stubborn crusts and agitate Overground slurry stores. They bring on a track machine with a hydraulic powered agitator. Usually done in an hour.
    My own contractor waives the agitating charge if he gets the spreading and if the draw is short.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

There's a crowd here that charge 1000 - 1400
    to break up stubborn crusts and agitate Overground slurry stores. They bring on a track machine with a hydraulic powered agitator. Usually done in an hour.
    My own contractor waives the agitating charge if he gets the spreading and if the draw is short.

What height can they reach over?
    Have agitator here so mix ourselves. Contractor 135/hr with the pipes + dribble bar

Ya had to draw in a few loads of water but draw was short so was happy enough the last guy he uses he asked to come last April but no sign of him he was delighted I done it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

Depends on whats agitating it too.
    I was agitating an out door tank for a lad lately with a cross agitator and 150hp tractor. Finished in under 2 hours.
    He reckons a neighbour did it for fim the year before and was at it for 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Meathman12

Off topic Please remind anybody agitating to be careful.

Advertisement