Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older Movies-Blu-ray vs 4K

Options
  • 24-09-2020 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just interested to hear others' thoughts on the supposed benefits of older movies (Eg 90's and before) on 4K discs. Bar some stand out titles like Blade Runner I fail to see a huge upgrade in difference over my existing Blu-ray collection. I know I am answering my own question but is it really worth upgrading for some negligible quality difference in 4K where the HDR colours pop off the screen the odd time. I realise the standard of television makes a difference too but does one have to spend megabucks on OLED to see a night and day difference? I have a decent LED LG 4K tv I am quite happy with. Thanks

Advertisement