Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension & Homebond Certificate

Options
  • 23-09-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 3 bed semidetached which comes with 10 years Homebond Certificate. I'm planning for a small extension to the rear to add an sunroom and a utility room. But I was informed that when any alteration is done to the building the Homebond Certificate is void and doesn't qualify for any claims. Can anyone shed some lights on this...??? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 3 bed semidetached which comes with 10 years Homebond Certificate. I'm planning for a small extension to the rear to add an sunroom and a utility room. But I was informed that when any alteration is done to the building the Homebond Certificate is void and doesn't qualify for any claims. Can anyone shed some lights on this...??? Thanks in advance

Contact home one and ask under what conditions you can extend while
    Keeping the guarantee in place.

Any advice here will be useless as homebonds clarification is the only thing that matters.

Advertisement