Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television moving box or other suggestions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,019 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It is for an old iMac.

If anyone has an alternative idea for an iMac I welcome the suggestion.
    Towels and duct tape has always worked for me. I've moved a lot of Macs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Lumen wrote: »
    Towels and duct tape has always worked for me. I've moved a lot of Macs.

Thank you for suggestion but I'm not actually moving the iMac. I just need to store it away. I forgot say that in the post.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Search Argos for StorePAK, they have a flat screen TV box in the range that might suit.

Graham wrote: »
    Search Argos for StorePAK, they have a flat screen TV box in the range that might suit.

Looked that up earlier.

Out of stock in every store.

Cheers though.

I think I'll just to go with the Amazon box and hope it come quick.

• Advertisement

Do B&Q sell cardboard storage boxes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Might be worth trying some of the local self-storage companies, they'd often sell packing materials/boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask but I can find no section that suits better.

Is there a shop or company in Ireland where I can get a moving box for a television?

This kind - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Walled-Cardboard-FREE-Bubblewrap/dp/B07MXL3YW5/ref=asc_df_B07MXKQZCZ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=311030022232&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11195396608689866468&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007880&hvtargid=pla-716895331199&psc=1&th=1

I would prefer to have it by the weekend rather than next week which in how long that Amazon one would take.

It is for an old iMac.

If anyone has an alternative idea for an iMac I welcome the suggestion.

Cheers
    large bin liner over the tv followed by laying a duvet on the bed and rest the television face down on the duvet then wrap it up,

Amazon usually arrive within three days, if your a Prime member then deliveries operate mon-sat too, AnPost van

Graham wrote: »
    Might be worth trying some of the local self-storage companies, they'd often sell packing materials/boxes.

I didn't think of that at all.

Cheers

LenWoods wrote: »
    large bin liner over the tv followed by laying a duvet on the bed and rest the television face down on the duvet then wrap it up,

Amazon usually arrive within three days, if your a Prime member then deliveries operate mon-sat too, AnPost van

I didn't know we could get Amazon deliveries on a Saturday.

The box in that link is from a Marketplace seller though. Not being shipped through Amazon and when I put it in the checkout discovered the delivery could be as far away as mid-October.

I will just have a normal box and see if I can cut it to suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I didn't know we could get Amazon deliveries on a Saturday.

The box in that link is from a Marketplace seller though. Not being shipped through Amazon and when I put it in the checkout discovered the delivery could be as far away as mid-October.

I will just have a normal box and see if I can cut it to suit.

I'm a Prime member ever since Jeremy Clarkson left top gear and moved to Amazon,
    Perhaps it's because I live in a town, but I often get delivery of items shipped from Amazon on Saturday mornings between 10-11am from an anpost van, I rarely purchase anything from the local shops anymore except for food,
    Most items i order online from Amazon or similar
    The prime TV is part of the subscription which also has some good shows.

Advertisement