Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions mascara

Options
  • 22-09-2020 11:07pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else buy this? I’m feeling pretty foolish right now if I’m honest. Completely fell for the hype, thought it was going to deliver astonishing results but it’s only an “alright” product in my opinion.

I’ve had much more striking results from L’Oréal Telescopic Extra Black for half the price- the only reason I limit my use of that mascara is that it’s so rich that there is often traces left for days no matter what I use to get rid of it. The tubing formula of the Hourglass mascara is weird when you’re removing it, not quite sure if I like that aspect or not.

Interested to hear others experiences, perhaps my application technique needs work to get better results?!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

That's disappointing to hear, and mascara is so expensive for the size of product you get!
    The tubing formula of the Hourglass mascara is weird when you’re removing it, not quite sure if I like that aspect or not.

I don't really know what you mean here, can you explain more? I haven't used this mascara myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Haven't tired that particular mascara but have tried lots of the other products and have loved everything else.

I do find though ive never really liked any of the more expensive or hyped up mascaras

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Twee. wrote: »

I don't really know what you mean here, can you explain more? I haven't used this mascara myself.

I don’t really understand it myself to be honest. Apparently it coats each lash with a tube or something, those “tubes” slide off the lash when you wash your face so no panda eyes but little black flecks to be rinsed away.

I’m only finding rave reviews online so I wondered if there are any people who find it less inspiring. I certainly don’t look like I’ve extensions on, or even a lash lift. My lashes are quite light and not terribly long so maybe my expectations are out of kilter but I’ve used much cheaper mascaras with much better (initial) results. I will concede that it lasts very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I haven't used that particular one but I'm a fan of tubing mascara since wearing contact lenses years ago.
    Re application, tubing mascara is only really different than regular mascara in that it's more of a one-coat job. I tend to get as close to the root as possible and wiggle the brush from side to side while applying, then at the end pull the brush slowly straight, which makes the "tube" extend longer than the actual hair it's enclosing.
    The other advantage of a tubing mascara is that you can use it as a top-coat to make another (maybe volumising) mascara longer lasting/less smudge-prone.
    I'm currently using an Eyeco mascara after mishearing someone who said Eylure make the best tubing mascaras. Ah well, next time.

Advertisement