Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you contact if there is a dead animal on a roads?

Options
  • 22-09-2020 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So I was out for my walk this morning with my dogs and came across a disgusting and very sad sight. The poor animal It was an orange haired animal. I think it might have been a dog or a big cat was splattered across the road with blood everywhere. So who is meant to clean this up? Is it the council?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

In my experience nobody generally cleans up after road kill, especially if it is ground into the road. I suppose the person responsible would be it’s owner. Around here wild animals like foxes and badgers as long as they are still intact when they come across them the binmen dispose of them but only if they are still intact so easy to pick up. Otherwise they just stay there till other animals like crows etc eat them.

Advertisement