Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a Gaming PC Need advice please :)

Options
  • 22-09-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All , Currently looking into building a gaming pc for roughly around 800euro budget but slightly flexible. Its been a good few years since ive been upto date with the latest developments in tech and whatnot and was looking for some advice on this pc build i was considering buying. I would need to have dual monitor capability from this device and also upgradibility down the line of course. Not so much concerned about future proofing for the timebeing.
    Any improvements or advice would be much appreciated! :)

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 Super SC Ultra Gaming (8gb)
    RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3600 MHz DDR4
    SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
    PSU Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 650W
    MOBO ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS
    CASE NZXT H510

Many thanks Smurphy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Check the timing on that RAM could be as loose as CL20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smurphy888

Is that a good/bad/avg latency for the ram? It is DDR4 with a decent mhz speed
    "3600MHz Speed" ALbeit i did have to lookup latency etc its been a long time since ive looked into computers and didnt even consider that as a factor
    CAS Latency is 18
    Memory Latency Timings 18-19-19-39

Many thanks for the response

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

CAS 18 is pretty bad, I'd look for CAS16 (timings: 16-18-18-38) ~78euro from Amazon or Crucial.com
    Not much point in getting a 3600X - get a 3600 + a better cooler instead, or wait for Zen 3 which will be detailed on 8. October.
    Samsung 860 Evo are overpriced SATA drives - get a Crucial MX500 (SATA) or Western Digital SN550 (NVMe) instead. Cheaper, too!

HOWEVER if you're getting that machine for 800 euro, go for it - I'm struggling to make a self-build for that price.

Advertisement