Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Deere Advice

Options
  • 20-09-2020 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

John Deere 6310, year 2001, TLS model with 50k box with 7000 hrs, tyres 35 per cent and going great,
    what is this tractor worth and what are they like, are they reliable?, was going to buy a 1992 JD 2850 then come across this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

new2me wrote: »
    John Deere 6310, year 2001, TLS model with 50k box with 7000 hrs, tyres 35 per cent and going great,
    what is this tractor worth and what are they like, are they reliable?, was going to buy a 1992 JD 2850 then come across this

If she's clean and well maintained, you'd be hard pushed to find a better secondhand tractor. Very reliable. From the spec, she's obviously a premium, so I'd say you won't find many with hours as low as that on them. Do you know anything of her history? The brakes probably wouldn't have been done yet at those hours, so for peace of mind, I'd get them done. Sorry, I can't offer an estimate of her value...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jd310

Great gutsy tractor for their size, never heard of 50k model. Not a lot of bother or faults with them in general, might need head gasket in around 9 or 10 thousand hours

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭new2me

there 38 on back and 24 on front, thought they had to match up for diff purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭White Clover

there 38 on back and 24 on front, thought they had to match up for diff purposes

Only 6910 had 38 rear 28 front on 6010 series Deeres. Everything else up as far and including 6810 had 38 rear 24 front .

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Are you sure its 50K? Never ever seen one? It's a high spec tractor for its age and low hours for that too (350/yr), if you dont know the history I would be cautious, get someone who knows them to check it out, clocking them isnt uncommon, they also reset to 0 when they hit 10,000.

Great tractors though, as good as they come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Was thinking that.
    With that spec. she surely has more work done,after 19 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

Damo810 wrote: »
    Are you sure its 50K? Never ever seen one? It's a high spec tractor for its age and low hours for that too (350/yr), if you dont know the history I would be cautious, get someone who knows them to check it out, clocking them isnt uncommon, they also reset to 0 when they hit 10,000.

Great tractors though, as good as they come.

If looked after, those Deere's can still look fresh with the clock gone around...This one is advertised as having 6000 hours, but the clutch pedal suggests different to me..... https://www.pandmgiveaways.com/product/2007-john-deere-6330-premium/?fbclid=IwAR0Bk7r2SxCivVcfqR4pn5o3tYJv8kP6n1TBmuNUfU-N5CcBEOFuC05BUVM

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jd310

hopeso wrote: »
    If looked after, those Deere's can still look fresh with the clock gone around...This one is advertised as having 6000 hours, but the clutch pedal suggests different to me..... https://www.pandmgiveaways.com/product/2007-john-deere-6330-premium/?fbclid=IwAR0Bk7r2SxCivVcfqR4pn5o3tYJv8kP6n1TBmuNUfU-N5CcBEOFuC05BUVM

Depends what the tractors at too, Im baling with a JD tractor with 6500 hours and the clutch pedal is the same as its clutching all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

http://www.peirsons.co.uk/tractors/john-deere/john-deere-6310-4wd-premium-50k-jd631-power-loader-365

Looks like the one OP, rare as rocking horse ****.
    Looks original, its also listed on ebay.

Not sure how lively it would be facing a hill at 50k however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

You should post that first line last part in the farm sayings fintan

Advertisement