Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circulating pump

Options
  • 19-09-2020 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, i have a 3 bed semi used to be heated by a cosyman kero burner and a stove. Both on individual circulating 6m pumps. 3 days ago i put in a Grant 50/90. The prob now is that the kero burner will heat downstairs and the bathroom rad upstairs which is closest to the manifold but not the 3 bedrooms. When i change the stat on the stove to 0 it calls in the second pump and heats all the rads. My pump seems fine as in i cant stop it by hand. Thanks a million in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

Is it still the original circ pump for the new Grant Boiler? and are both pumps on the same speed setting. When you bring in the second pump by turning the stove stat down is the grant heating everything (two pumps in operation) with a cold stove?. A sketch of your system showing any non return valves etc would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mahoney82

John.G wrote: »
    Is it still the original circ pump for the new Grant Boiler? and are both pumps on the same speed setting. When you bring in the second pump by turning the stove stat down is the grant heating everything (two pumps in operation) with a cold stove?. A sketch of your system showing any non return valves etc would be helpful.

Update: I drained the system twice and each time I filled it I set about bleeding rads, pumps etc... I noticed the rads upstairs didn't need bleeding at all. Got me all curious as I was able to flush both flow and return with minimal effort. Got me curious and frustrated. Git that plumbed the house 15 year ago messed up at back of tank. Had pipe coming up from boiler then a t-off, onto a foot of piping, then up, across another foot and then down below floor (upstairs) i had the most head-wrecking 2 days of my life. Eventually got it going. I installed the stove about 8 years ago an im guessing it sent steam up and it sat there. Upstairs is warmer now than its ever been. Delighted with myself. Automatic air vent. Job sorted. For the record; the old pump went with the new boiler for a day. New one bought because I obviously thought if one pump can't do it but 2 can..... I hate that 10mm micro piping. Should be banned. Another thing I found out is that all my rads are fed from the right, except 2. Hopefully I remember that.

Thanks for your offering of help John. Much appreciated.

Advertisement