Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do named drivers build up any NCB?

• 18-09-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello, I'm a named driver on my wife's policy with Liberty. Last had insurance in my own name 6 years back, so I've no NCB at the moment. Am I building it up again by being on her policy?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 19 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kim

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact.

When you are named on another persons policy, you would earn a named driving experience. A no claims bonus can only be earned as the policyholder.

Thanks
    Kim

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chaikhosi

Hi Kim, thanks for getting back to me. Does named driver experience give roughly the same discount as NCB when I'm looking for my own policy? And I assume it's Liberty only, non transferrable?

Last question, assuming I insure a car with Liberty in my own name, would I get any credit if I do that before a full year of named driver status has passed?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact.

When you are named on another persons policy, you would earn a named driving experience. A no claims bonus can only be earned as the policyholder.

Thanks
    Kim

• Company Representative Posts: 19 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kim

A named driving discount would be a lower discount than that of a no claims discount. Once you have earned a full 12 months as a named driver this discount can be applied by any insurer not just Liberty Insurance. If you take a policy before the 12 months is completed as a named driver the discount cannot be taken into consideration.
    Kim

Advertisement