Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery change on a Breitling

Options
  • 16-09-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all

Any suggestions for a battery change on a Breitling Colt. Weirs want €250 to change it. Surely not such a cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Have a look at the thread on servicing - for a proper battery change the watchmaker should replace seals and run a water resistance test too. It shouldn't come to €250 however.

Put it this way - I change my wife's quartz batteries and I charge her €2 for 5 batteries :D :P - if you don't need the seals replaced and don't care about water resistance then it can even be a do it yourself job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Go to fastfix, they have a couple of branches. Breitling wanted even more than that to change the two batteries in my emergency. Fastfix did it at a quarter of the cost and no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Thanks for that but I do need the seals replaced. What I am looking for is someone who can do the work for a reasonable cost. Thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Homer wrote: »
    Go to fastfix, they have a couple of branches. Breitling wanted even more than that to change the two batteries in my emergency. Fastfix did it at a quarter of the cost and no problems whatsoever.

Any idea if they replaced or re-oiled the seals on the watch ?

Advertisement