Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Sligo Town

Options
  • 16-09-2020 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for advice in Hotels in Sligo town. At the moment I’m between the Clayton and Glasshouse.
    The Clayton has a Pool which appeals but I’m put off by it being out of the town centre. Is it really that far or are there others I should consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Sligo Park has a pool too, and is the same distance from town as the Clayton (25 minute walk from O'Connell street).
    Normally I'd say go for the Radisson but not with the current roadworks!
    I'd probably go with the Glass House simply because it's so central.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The Sligo park is coming in a bit more expensive than the 2 I mentioned.
    Is there a public bus out towards the clarion? I can see a stop on the map but I’m not familiar with the area at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Gael23 wrote: »
    The Sligo park is coming in a bit more expensive than the 2 I mentioned.
    Is there a public bus out towards the clarion? I can see a stop on the map but I’m not familiar with the area at all

Yes, bus stop beside the entrance to the clarion & they run all day. See exact timetable for Rosses point / Strandhill route.

Glasshouse is very central to everything in town.

City Hotel is also very easy access incl both shopping centres.

Pools aren't as attractive these days as you need to book & plan your swimming sessions in advance.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Yes, bus stop beside the entrance to the clarion & they run all day. See exact timetable for Rosses point / Strandhill route.

Glasshouse is very central to everything in town.

Central Hotel is also very easy access incl both shopping centres.

Pools aren't as attractive these days as you need to book & plan your swimming sessions in advance.

Central Hotel? Do you mean the City Hotel? I stayed there once and wouldn't again.
    Same for the Southern out by the station - very dated when I stayed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The Radisson looks really nice but it’s a long way from the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Gael23 wrote: »
    The Radisson looks really nice but it’s a long way from the town

Same bus service as the Clarion goes from outside the door. It's also a cheap taxi fair. It's about 4km to the centre. It is a nice hotel.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Advertisement