Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mudguards 2020 defy advanced 2

Options
  • 15-09-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas for full mudguards for a giant defy advanced 2 2020 please ? I have 32 mm conti gp 5000s. I got a set of sks blumells that the seller said was for 35 mm tyres on adverts but they are 35mm mudguards. Bought them in the dark late on Sunday and never bothered checking them. They are pig tight on the bike. I would need 45s.

Anyway, wasn't too impressed with them being honest. The stays were too short also as the defy front eyelets are at the very front of the fork.

Anyone know better ones please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Johnnystephens

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas for full mudguards for a giant defy advanced 2 2020 please ? I have 32 mm conti gp 5000s. I got a set of sks blumells that the seller said was for 35 mm tyres on adverts but they are 35mm mudguards. Bought them in the dark late on Sunday and never bothered checking them. They are pig tight on the bike. I would need 45s.

Anyway, wasn't too impressed with them being honest. The stays were too short also as the defy front eyelets are at the very front of the fork.

Anyone know better ones please ?

Have a look at Crud roadracer extremely light and no tools needed to fit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Don't Giant do their own brand of mudguards? I think I saw that somewhere, but not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

I ended up getting sks 45 blumells. They are a full guard and very hard to get used to.

They are grand going straight but when weaving and turning through traffic my feet are catching them. Handy little safety feature on the front that clips out the guard if they get caught in something. They'll take getting used to.

Advertisement