Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Third learner permit

Options
  • 15-09-2020 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My second learner permit expired a year ago, I wish to get a third but it's necessary to have either taken a driving test or to have booked a test to get a third permit. I have not completed the 12 EDT lessons or booked a driving test. I do not want to book a test just yet. Does this mean I need to take the theory test again in order to obtain a new learner permit?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

abe.froman wrote: »
    My second learner permit expired a year ago, I wish to get a third but it's necessary to have either taken a driving test or to have booked a test to get a third permit. I have not completed the 12 EDT lessons or booked a driving test. I do not want to book a test just yet. Does this mean I need to take the theory test again in order to obtain a new learner permit?
    You’ll need to do the lessons before taking the test, the EDT is obligatory, your insurance company will do so ask if you have done them. The only way to get a third or subsequent learner permit is to apply for the test, you can defer it twice without forfeiting the fee. You only need to do the theory test again if the learner permit is over 5 years out of date or 10 years for a full licence.

Advertisement